Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Message of the Kingdom (Lk 4:16-30)

We pray every day for the coming of the kingdom of God. “Thy kingdom come” is a part of the Lord’s Prayer. Is there anything that we can do for bringing the Kingdom of God on the Earth, especially where we live? The answer is given in today’s gospel.

The signs of the Kingdom of God are; glad tidings to the poor, liberty to captives, recovery of sight to the blind, and freedom to the oppressed. The glad news to the poor is that I am there to help them. If I am ready to do this work by helping the poor and the needy I become a part of building the Kingdom. If I try to liberate the captives, who are in the bondages of ignorance, their emotions, any kind of physiological or psychological problems we do our part in the Kingdom building. When we open the sight of others, who are affected by lack of clarity about their lives eternal truths we become one among the Kingdom builders.

For all these works the prerequisite is “the spirit of God should be upon me”. This spirit liberates me first from the bondages, ignorance and lack of clear vision to be an agent of the Kingdom of God. Let us pray, Spirit of God make me a channel of the Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment