Sunday, December 19, 2010

4th Day of Simbang Gabi – Joseph, the Guardian of the Redeemer

The light of Solidarity

Introduction

- The tragic love story which I witnessed the last year. After one year the girl reflected over the situation and said, “my mother was with me always. Whenever I cried she would embrace me in silence and that gave me consolation and support”.

- The billboard of eternal plans with a photo of a child embracing her father.

- We need somebody to give us consolation and support.

- The one who is always with us who removes our darkness with the divine light is Christ.

Content

- The life of Joseph was in darkness when she heard the news of the pregnancy of Mary. He slept…. but that was not a real sleep. How can he sleep in that difficult situation. He was in solitude of hart in search of an answer. Then he understood the embracing hands of God. He got the answer from the heart of God, “receive Mary” and “name the child Jesus”.

- While embracing we come closer to a person’s heart. Then we listen to what his heart speaks.

- Joseph listened to the heart of God during his time of silence.

- Our God is a God who has chosen to be with us.

o When the Israel was in trouble under Egyptians they felt the solidarity of God with them.

o During the exiles whenever they came back to God and embraced Him, they felt the solidarity of God, by His saving hand.

o God has chosen you and me today.

- While we embrace God we will hear the words of His hart in silence “I am with you”

- That attitude one should have to embrace God and listen to His heart.

o Faith – He is my loving Father.

o Hope – He will solve all my problems and confusions.

o Love – He loves me and His heart beats for me

Conclusion

- God’s solidarity consists in the fact that he enters with us into our sadness and loneliness, misery and agony, problems and troubles, confusions and questions.

- This is the basis of Christian Hope.

- Let us embrace God and listen to His heart with faith, hope and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment